Winter has arrived. My exams have arrived. Enough reasons to start the day with a good, heartwarming breakfast! I got in the kitchen this morning, threw some things together and the result is this delicious start-of-the-day recipe 🙂 You can also have it for dessert or just as a healthy snack during the day. Enjoy!
What you should know: Lotus Speculoos is a Belgian type of cookies which I still haven’t found a decent translation for in English. It’s some sort of gingerbread cookie… I don’t know what else to call it. What I can say it that they’re very tasty, I always eat way too much of them and they’re vegan (of course), which I didn’t know before I went vegan. You can, of course, make this recipe without the cookies, but it’s a very nice extra to it.
- What do you need? (2 bowls)
– 1 pot of coconut yoghurt
– 1 apple (or 2 little ones)
– 2 to 3 tablespoons of cinnamon
– 1 tablespoon of ginger powder
– Agave or ahorn syrup
– 2 speculoos cookies
– 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (for baking)
- How do you make it?
– Take the peel of the apple and cut it in parts (not too thick, but not too thin either so they won’t burn too fast). Heat some coconut oil in a pan and add the apple pieces when it’s heated. Bake them for one minute, then add cinnamon, ginger powder and syrup. Flip the parts around and bake the other side until they’re ready. You can still add some more syrup to taste. The apples are ready when they’ve become soft. You can stir them around a bit to blend the cinnamon and syrup better so that every part is coated with a sweet, brown layer.
– Put some yoghurt in a bowl and put the apple parts on top of it. Finish off by crumbling a speculoos cookie over the apples and the yoghurt. Sit back and enjoy this great start of the day!